Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sept 27-28 Luxor and Aswan transition days

Even in my own head I get confused on how this all played out.  You see our Nile Cruise reservation was cancelled about 30 days before we left on the trip, so we had to figure out a new game plan so we wouldn't mess up our Lake Nasser cruise. 

So, our Nile Cruise sailed north from Aswan to Luxor.  Then we had two nights before we boarded our Lake Nasser cruise, which started south of Aswan at Abu Simbel.  That's why after we disembarked, we stayed one night in Luxor, took the train south to Aswan and stayed another night, and then flew further south down to Abu Simbel and boarded our Lake Nasser cruise.  And let's not EVEN confuse the issue more by saying upriver or downriver since The Nile flows south to north!

Thanks for bearing with me while I put this in writing for my own clarity!

Anyway ~ here are some images of these two days ...

CLICK HERE to view the D&D photo album


The Nile Cruise ships lined up and waiting to sail north to Luxor




Lots of boats around Aswan ...



1 comment:

  1. I love photos 4 and 32.

    Dennis looks right in his element and you, Diana, look like you're 17 again.

    The happiness on your face makes me smile.

    Patience and Faith Bazaar. Wonderful.

    Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

    I love you both -

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete